- FAQ’s re E.U. Data Transfers, Now that Safe Harbor Is Gone
- Indemnities in Tech Contracts: Tackling Data Breaches, Patent Trolls, IP Gremlins, and Other Monsters
- Second Edition of The Tech Contracts Handbook
- The Anti-NDA for Idea Submissions (Instead of the “Feedback License”)
- Don’t Send Write-Protected Contracts
- Avoid Licenses to “Use” Software
- Who Should Indemnify Whom, and for What?
- Instead of a “Feedback License,” Draft a Disclaimer of Idea Restrictions
- No One Can Own an Abstract Idea (So You Don’t Need a “Feedback License”)
- The Contract Negotiator’s #1 Tool: MS Word Redlining
- Don’t Use License Agreements for Software as a Service
- Don’t Use Nondisclosure Terms for Private or Electronic Data — Use Data Security Terms
- Don’t Choose Delaware Law Unless You’re in Delaware
- “Mirror Indemnities” Don’t Work
David Tollen is the founder of Sycamore Legal, P.C., a San Francisco law firm focusing on technology, privacy, and IP.
Signup for the Newsletter: