The Tech Contracts Handbook is a practical and accessible reference and training manual on IT contracts, published by the American Bar Association. It’s a clause-by-clause “how to” guide on cloud computing agreements, software licenses, technology services agreements, and other IT contracts — covering the issues at stake and offering negotiation tips and sample contract language. Since initial publication in 2010, it has regularly topped the list as the #1 bestseller from the IP Section of the ABA.
The Handbook is for both lawyers and businesspeople, including contract managers, procurement officers, corporate counsel, startup CFO’s, and anyone else responsible for contracts. Most important, it uses simple English, like a good contract.
Topics covered include:
- SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE (SAAS) SUBSCRIPTIONS
- DATA SECURITY
- OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLA’S)
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) PROTECTION
• NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS (NDA’S)
• LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
• TECHNOLOGY ESCROWS
• SOFTWARE/COPYRIGHT LICENSING
• RIGHTS IN FEEDBACK
- CLICKWRAPS, BROWSEWRAPS, SCROLLWRAPS, SHRINKWRAPS, AND SIGN-IN-WRAPS
- NON-COMPETE AND NON-SOLICITATION CLAUSES
- AND MUCH MORE!