“This was easily the most helpful, on-point and productive training I’ve received …. Really fantastic to get a deep dive on these issues and have questions answered by an expert. Would recommend to anyone.” ~ Comments from a trainee, 2017
IN-HOUSE TRAINING CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Contract managers, lawyers, and procurement officers want to feel confident when they face the other party. IT staff and salespeople want tech deals done faster, and executives want them done cheaper. And everyone wants effective partnerships.
The solution is training — for contract and procurement staff, IT staff, lawyers, project managers, executives … anyone responsible for getting contracts done. Tech Contracts Academy™ offers training on drafting and negotiating IT contracts — including SaaS and cloud computing agreements and software licenses.
The sessions are led by David Tollen—author of The Tech Contracts Handbook, attorney, expert witness, adjunct professor, and one of the U.S.’s foremost authorities on IT contracts.
Trainees get certificates of completion—and lawyers can get CLE credit. But this is not a simple CLE course, and you can’t get this sort of training from a law firm. The focus is on expertise in teaching and simplification of complex topics, for both lawyers and businesspeople.
Our programs are thorough, ranging from two hours to two days. And some are ongoing throughout the year, to give your staff the contracting tools they need.
Session Topics Include:
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLA’S)
- DATA MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
- SOFTWARE LICENSES
- SAAS AND OTHER CLOUD SERVICES SUBSCRIPTIONS
- STATEMENTS OF WORK
- SOFTWARE OWNERSHIP TRANSFERS
- SCHEDULE & MILESTONES
- DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, & REJECTION
- DISASTER RECOVERY
- NON-COMPETE & NON-SOLICITATION
- FEEDBACK RIGHTS
- TECHNOLOGY ESCROW
- AMENDMENT: UNILATERAL AND OTHERWISE
- CHOICE OF LAW & JURISDICTION
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- IP AND COMMERCIAL LAW
- THE JOB OF THE CONTRACT DRAFTER
- OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
- Good training contract staff think creatively and compromise, saving time and money. Tech Contracts Academy™ makes that possible through plain-spoken, easy-to-understand, user-friendly programs for businesspeople and lawyers.
- We aren’t a one-size-fits-all training group led by random trainers with mixed experience. Tech Contracts Academy™ programs are taught by our founder David Tollen, author of the American Bar Association’s bestselling manual on IT agreements and a sought-after speaker and expert witness.
- Our in-house training is customizable to your needs and team. And we consistently get rave reviews.
To inquire about training with Tech Contracts Academy™, please fill out the form below or call us at 415-278-0950