“This was easily the most helpful, on-point and productive training I’ve received …. Really fantastic to get a deep dive on these issues and have questions answered by an expert. Would recommend to anyone.” ~ Comments from a trainee, 2017
IN-HOUSE TRAINING CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Contract managers, lawyers, and procurement officers want to feel confident when they face the other party. IT staff and salespeople want tech deals done faster, while executives want them done cheaper. And everyone wants effective partnerships, free of traps for the unwary.
The solution is training — for contract staff, IT staff, lawyers, project managers, executives … anyone responsible for getting tech contracts done. Tech Contracts Academy™ offers one and two-day in-house training on drafting and negotiating IT contracts. Sessions typically include 5-50 employees and can be customized to your needs.
The sessions are led by tech contracts thought-leader David Tollen, author of the American Bar Association’s bestseller, The Tech Contracts Handbook (ABA IP Section 2015). David has spoken before or trained a long list of corporations, law firms, and organizations — including Sabre, Ericsson, BMW, the California CIO’s office, the Licensing Executive Society, state and local bars, and many other tech industry groups and companies.
Session Topics Include:
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLA’S)
- DATA MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
- SOFTWARE LICENSES
- SAAS AND OTHER CLOUD SERVICES SUBSCRIPTIONS
- STATEMENTS OF WORK
- SOFTWARE OWNERSHIP TRANSFERS
- SCHEDULE & MILESTONES
- DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, & REJECTION
- DISASTER RECOVERY
- NON-COMPETE & NON-SOLICITATION
- FEEDBACK RIGHTS
- TECHNOLOGY ESCROW
- AMENDMENT: UNILATERAL AND OTHERWISE
- CHOICE OF LAW & JURISDICTION
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- IP AND COMMERCIAL LAW
- THE JOB OF THE CONTRACT DRAFTER
- OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
- Good training contract staff think creatively and compromise, saving time and money. Tech Contracts Academy™ makes that possible through plain-spoken, easy-to-understand, user-friendly programs for businesspeople and lawyers.
- We aren’t a one-size-fits-all training group led by random trainers with mixed experience. Tech Contracts Academy™ programs are taught by our founder David Tollen, author of the American Bar Association’s bestselling manual on IT agreements and a sought-after speaker and expert witness.
- Our in-house training is customizable to your needs and team. And we consistently get rave reviews.
To inquire about training with Tech Contracts Academy™, please fill out the form below or call us at 415-278-0950